My name is Kirstie Kāne Akana. I reside on the windward side of the island where I have raised my three daughters. I enjoy sports, shopping, going to the beach and game night at home (Pictionary, Taboo, Catch Phrase and Heads Up) with family and friends.
I am a graduate from the University of Hawaii and received my Masterʻs degree in Curriculum Studies. This will be my 15th year at Waiau Elementary working with the most amazing, motivating and supportive set of professionals here. I enjoy working with our children and am committed to helping them reach for their dreams through education. I believe education empowers the whole child, which helps him or her make a positive contribution to our world.
Kumu Kane’s Fun Favorites:
• Books: Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann and Love That Dog by Sharon Creech and Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
• Author/Illustrator: Audrey & Don Wood
• Color: Blue… no, purple… sometimes green... ok, rainbow
• Food: Filet mignon and garlic mashed potatoes or sour poi
• Sports to watch: volleyball and basketball
It will be a wonderful blessing to see your child grow and bloom as a learner throughout the years. I look forward to having a great year filled with learning, fun, laughter, music, art, and most of all, success!
‘O wau iho nō me ka ha’aha’a,