Title I Program
Waiau Elementary School has qualified for Title I funding for SY 2021-22.
What does this mean?
- Our school has at least 47.2% of students who receive free and reduced lunch.
- As a result, our school receives significant federal funding that supports our school positions and educational programs and initiatives.
- Federal Title I funding received is used to support students and help with improving student academic achievement.
- Parents have a right to be involved.
Requirements of a Title I school:
- A Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) must be done to identify the needs of the school.
- The school Academic Plan needs to be implemented and monitored throughout the year & completed yearly.
- A Fiscal Requirement Form (FRF) budget must be aligned to the Academic Plan and implemented by the school.
- Parent and Family Engagement activities are provided to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
Parent involvement is a vital component in your child’s education.
- Research is clear that parent involvement makes a big difference in student success.
- Waiau Elementary believes that academic success involves parents, students and teachers.
- We have a parent-student-teacher compact in our school planner that reviews all of our responsibilities for student success in school.
Thank you for supporting your child and Waiau Elementary School!