Parking & Traffic
Waiau Elementary School Parking Lot Procedures
Please be cautious and courteous at all times in the school parking lot and consider the safety of your child, yourself, and others.
1. Cars must park in designated “VISITOR” stalls only.
- No parking in “STAFF” stalls 7:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily.
-No double parking allowed.
-Staff parking pass shall be displayed on all parked cars.
2. The entire curb fronting the school office and cafeteria is for quick drop-off and pick-up only.
- Do not leave your car unattended. Drivers should not exit the car.
-Children should exit and enter cars quickly to the right at the curb.
(Please do not use this time at the curb to complete homework, sign forms, or tie shoes…)
Pull forward towards the cafeteria.
-Do not block the bus shelter area. We have several school busses that drop off and pick up students on a regular basis as well as for special field trips.
3.NO PARKING by red curbs and coned areas.
4. Cars parked in handicapped stalls must display a PLACARD or have a special license plate.
5.Children should not walk through the parking lot traffic alone.
Traffic Information and Pedestrian Safety
For the safety of our children crossing in the crosswalk, right turns only are allowed from parking lot exit:
7:00-8:30 a.m. Daily
1:00-3:00 p.m. Daily
Our adult traffic monitor is on duty daily to support our students in being safe. Please help her with this most important job by following traffic rules and teaching your children to obey the JPOs. Remind students walking to and from school to cross at the crosswalk where the JPOs are stationed. Please set a good example for our students. JPOs do not go out on duty in rainy weather. All traffic regulations are periodically enforced by HPD.