Model the Waiau School Core Values in and around the cafeteria.
we are united in our commitment to care about…
OURSELVES & OTHERS
- Show respect to Lunchroom Supervisors, yourself and others.
- Walk to and from AND in and around the cafeteria.
- Wait nicely on the yellow line in lunch order. Do not cut in line.
- Take the foods that you will eat as you pass through the line. You may not have a second serving or go back to get something you missed once you sit down.
- Use quiet voices: Speak softly to neighbors. Do not yell or speak to others at other tables or waiting in line.
- Keep your personal space; hands to yourself. Make room at the table for others.
- Practice good table manners. Keep all food on the tray and off tables and floors.
- Eat your own food. Do not share food or drinks.
- Stay in your seat.
- Raise your hand when help is needed.
- Eat your entire breakfast/lunch in the cafeteria unless permission is granted by the teacher to eat in the classroom. No food or milk should leave the cafeteria.
- Eat snacks & drinks during recess only unless they are part of a home lunch. (No carbonated or caffeinated drinks allowed)
- Close your milk carton and pick up all food and rubbish when leaving the table.
OUR SCHOOL/COMMUNITY & WORLD AROUND US
- Clean up your eating area
- Put litter in the trash cans