1. LINE PROCEDURES:
- Students will be escorted to the cafeteria by an adult.
- Students will wait on the yellow line in alpha order and enter in an orderly manner.
2. LUNCH PICK-UP:
- Students will pick up their milk and lunch from the serving counter. Students will select what they want from the offered foods as they go through the line. No second servings once you pass through the line.
- Students will wait at the cone and proceed to the meal clerk ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. Students will wear name tags daily.
3. CAFETERIA BEHAVIOR:
- Students will proceed directly to their assigned table.
- Students will raise their hands if assistance is needed for any reason.
- Students will remain seated unless given permission to leave their table by an adult lunchroom supervisor. (Bathroom use should be minimal-teachers will take younger students to the restroom before bringing them to the cafe).
- Students will use indoor voices in and around the cafeteria.
- Students will demonstrate the Waiau School Core Values at all times in the cafeteria.
4. CAFETERIA RELEASE:
- The lunch period is 30 minutes long.
- Students will be released from the cafeteria approximately 5 to 10 minutes before the end of the 30 minutes or when all the students are done eating.
- Students will wait outside of the cafeteria in an orderly fashion until released to their teachers at the designated end time. Grade 6 will be supervised at the field until recess.
5. LUNCH PASSES: If students have permission to eat lunch outside of the cafeteria or must leave the cafeteria before the end of the lunch period, the teacher must inform the lunchroom supervisors (in writing or in person).
6. ATTIRE: Shoes/slippers must be worn in the cafeteria. Students coming to lunch barefoot will be sent back to class to get their shoes/slippers. Hats are not allowed.
7. CONTRABAND: Nothing should be brought into the cafeteria other than home lunch. This includes: snacks, additional drinks and other contraband items.